Saturday, June 11, 2011

Tahlequah First UMC gets a new minister, and I get in my kitchen to cook my contribution to his 2nd reception hosted by the UMW

As the title states, I got in my kitchen this morning to cook my contribution to the incoming minister's reception. I raided the cabinets for mixes and went to work. I had quite a few duplicate mixes of the Paula Deen Mixes so the duplicate ones are the ones I used. Paula's mixes do it right, the flavors always come out great, and they are some of the quickest I have dealt with.

The first of the four rounds of goodies I made for my part was a Blueberry Vanilla Bean Latte Mini Muffins:
This recipe starts with a Paula Deen Homestyle Blueberry Muffin mix w/ a can of fresh blueberries enclosed.
The second of the four rounds of goodies I made for my part was Strawberry Generic Jello Mix Sugar Cookie:
This recipe began with a best choice strawberry jello mix, and a Paula Deen Homestyle Sugar Cookie Mix.

The third of the four rounds of goodies from the kitchen consisted of, Rootbeer Bread bites:

Once again the base of this recipe begins with a Paula Deen Southern Style Buttery Beer Bread Mix, and instead of a regular beer, it has a 12 oz can of A&W Rootbeer.

Finally, the last of the four rounds of goodies for the reception ends with the Yellow Orange Cafe Cake Bites:
As with all the rest the base of the recipe begins with a Paula Deen Homestyle Moist Yellow Cake Mix, but this also incorporates the General Foods International Orange Cafe coffee mix.

I thought I would show you what I made. I hope the people at the reception will enjoy these. I will post the recipes in a separate posting so if you would like to try to make them you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment