Monday, August 15, 2011

Jelly Belly Soda Pop Mix Jelly Beans make a great cookie that makes you think of your childhood favorites; DP, A&W,A&W Cream Soda, and Orange and Grape Crush...

The mini candy bars did so well in test runs, I thought I would try jelly beans. So last night during the weekly grocery shopping I picked up a couple pound of Soda Pop Mix Jelly Belly Beans. The cookies came out rather tasty, surprisingly.

I have sent them to my testing field to see what people think. If they get a positive review, then I will post the recipe, but for now I will post the pictures.

Below you will find the pictures of my Jelly Bean Experiment:














Keep your eyes peeled for the recipe to come.

9/26/2011:
Here is the Recipe that took 10th in the 2011 Great State Fair of Oklahoma:
Sugar Pop Cookies
Ingredients:
1 stick butter
1 egg –slightly beaten
1 Paula Deen HomeStyle Sugar Cookie Mix
1c. Soda  Pop Shoppe Jelly Belly Beans
1c. AP Flour for dusting  jelly beans
Equipment:
Cookie Sheets, Non-Stick Cooking Spray, Spoon. Knife, Mixing Bowl, Small Cookie Scoop
Instructions:
Preheat your oven 350 degrees. In your mixing bowl combine the flour , beans, butter, egg, cookie mix. Dough will be semi-stiff .
Spray cookie sheets liberally with non-stick. Scoop and level with knife onto the cookie sheet.
Bake 10-12 minutes.
Once done move quickly onto cooling rack and then serve.
Make 3 dzn.

No comments:

Post a Comment