Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Most Orgasmic Delight for Chocolate Lovers!

I got inspired last night as I was talking to my mom on the phone. I have to make 5 dozen cookies for an event at the church in September, so I thought of a cookie I could make that was kid friendly. The cookie I came up with was a Candy Bar Cookie,yes I said Candy Bar Cookie. What kid does not like a candy bar, especially in a mini size that they can hold on to? Not many that I know of , unless they have allergies.

Well for this recipe I began with :

2- 40 z bags of mini candy bars( 1 bag had - crunch, butterfinger, nestle milk chocolate, baby ruth, the 2nd bag had- milky way regular, milky way dark, twix,3 musketeers and snickers.)

I opened the bag and sorted the bars out by brand. Then took out 5 of each, and put the rest of them in the fridge.

1 betty crocker pouch of sugar cookie mix

1 stick of butter, no melted & 1 egg

Flour for coating the chopped up mini's

Equipment : Mixing bowl, cookie sheets, non stick cooking spray,small cookie scoop, and a sturdy spoon for stirring, or spatula. I just used my hands to mix, because I don't mind getting into it.

Instructions: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

In your mixing bowl put a little flour, to coat the bars as you chop them up, so they won't clump together (About a 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup should work, you can always add more if needed.)
Unwrap and chop up your bars one brand at a time, and add them to the flour and toss to coat, as you chop them up.
Once all the bars are chopped up and coated, then add the sugar cookie mix pouch and toss together. Add your one egg and one stick of softened butter.

Start with your spoon or spatula, then when you get it to the point that won't work anymore, then get in there with your hands and combine it.

Once the mix is well combined get out your cookie sheets and scoops with your non-stick spray. Spray your sheets, then scoop out the mix, until the sheet fills up, then get out the next sheet and spray, and repeat scooping until all the mix is gone.

Put your cookies in the oven at 350 for 12 minutes or until golden (I found out 15 minutes was a little long, so I scaled the time back). Take out, turn off oven, and put on cooling rack. Remember before though to do the toothpick test, and if the toothpick comes out clean, then place them on the rack to cool.

Serve with your favorite vanilla ice cream.

Here are some pics from my test run of this recipe:













Hope you enjoy these. I will post more testing items as I go. So keep your eyes peeled for more goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment