Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Start off the harvest season right, munch on a Gooseberry Patch Harvest Trail Mix!





 If you are looking for a great quick party mix to share with friends and family, check out Gooseberry Patch's  Harvest Recipe Book, and check out page 9 for the recipe for the Harvest Trail Mix. This mix is really simple to put together and modify for people's taste.

Below you will see a picture of the mix , the way it came out for me:


My husband actually got lucky that I forgot a couple of ingredients. It was the candy corn and raisins.(He's not a fan of either really.)



If you don't have the book, and enjoy making these types of mixes here is the recipe for the mix from the book:

Harvest Trail Mix, page 9

10.5 oz box bite-size crispy honey nut corn & rice cereal (I used a generic box of each)

8 oz pkg. candy-coated chocolates (I used peanut m&m's, since they were more readily available in my area)

8 oz bag candy corn (This is what I forgot to purchase, but it worked out for the hubby's taste).

9 oz pkg raisins (This was the other item I forgot, but it worked out for the hubby's taste.I even think a craisin would be yummy in this).

12 oz jar dry-roasted peanuts
Mix all ingredients together; store in an airtight container

Biggest thing to remember is to have fun, and share this with the ones you care about, and work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment